Feb. 24 deadline for agencies to apply for emergency funds
Davie County has been chosen to receive an award of $11,074 to supplement emergency food and shelter programs in the county under Phase 38 of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) based on available statistics.
This award, part of the $120 million appropriated by Congress, is based on Davie’s total number of unemployed and living in poverty as compared to the total number of unemployed in all qualifying jurisdictions.
The Davie EFSP Board, structured similarly to the national and state levels, will determine how the funds awarded to Davie County are to be distributed.
Local agencies chosen to receive funds must:
• be private, voluntary, non-profits or units of government;
• have an accounting system;
• practice nondiscrimination;
• have a DUNS number and associated information;
• have demonstrated capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs; and
• if private, voluntary organizations, have a voluntary board.
Qualifying agencies are encouraged to apply. Public or private voluntary agencies interested in applying for EFSP Funds will need to request an application from Cyndi Shrewsbury at United Way of Davie County, 336-751-0313 or email@example.com. The fund is administered by Kathleen Wiener, Grants and Projects Manager, United Way of Forsyth County. The deadline for applications to be received is Feb. 24.