Virtual job fair next week
Looking for a job?
Look no further than Davie County. The NC Triad: Virtual Get Hired Event is for anyone looking for a new job or who would like to upgrade their life with a new, meaningful career.
Davie CONNECT, the Davie Chamber of Commerce, and Davie Economic Development Commission partnered with the Piedmont Trial Workforce Development Board/PTRC to host this free virtual hiring event on Feb. 10 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
“Many Davie employers are hiring right now and have several positions to fill. A virtual job fair provides a great way to connect our businesses to potential candidates in a safe and efficient manner,” said Carolyn McManamy, director of Davie CONNECT. “We commend the PTRC for providing this service to our community and look forward to hosting additional events.”
Job seekers will be able to interview with the following companies in Davie that are hiring for positions including manufacturing engineers, manufacturing managers, distribution center supervisors, truck drivers, assemblers, shift-leads, and more, not all require a college degree.
• Ashley Furniture is the largest furniture manufacturer in the world with a line of residential bedding, case goods, and furniture.
• Avgol Nonwovens leads the global hygiene market with ultra-lightweight spun-melt non-woven fabrics.
• Brakebush is a value-added processor of chicken products with more than 200 products.
• Comfort Bilt is a manufacturer for the storm door and window industry.
• Dunlop Aircraft Tyres is the world’s only specialist aircraft tire manufacturer.
• Patterson Companies is one of North America’s premier transportation management providers servicing the perishable and non-perishable markets.
• Ingersoll Rand supports the Compression Technology Services Branch othrough the manufacturing of rotary, centrifugal, and Thermo King air compressors and fabricating parts for our Trane businesses.
• Reeb custom-manufactures and distributes millwork products such as entry doors, interior doors, columns, and accessories stairs across the eastern US.
• The Andersons is rooted in agriculture that conducts business around the world in the commodity trading, ethanol, plant nutrient, and rail sectors.
Browse companies in the lobby, enter booths, view open positions, and chat with HR representatives in real-time.
Before the fair: register; browse companies and open positions in the lobby; update a resume; share the fair with friends and family; check out the Tips for Success tab for ideas on how to shine.
Log on anytime between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Log on early. Network and interview with the companies by entering their booths and engaging in chats. You can also learn about all that Davie has to offer at the Davie Resource/Tourism Booth.
“I want to be able to showcase the exceptional features of Davie County to our potential job seekers,” said Caroline Moser, president of the Davie Chamber of Commerce.
Here is the link to learn more and register: https://findyourcenternc.com/gethired-feb10/.