Knitting contest, black history and more upcoming at Senior Services
Davie County Senior Services programming are open to folks age 55 and older, and services are open to those age 60 and older.
In February, Senior Services will offer the following activities:
• Knitting Contest, due Feb. 26;
• February Birthday Party, Feb. 2 at 2 p.m.;
• Origami Heart Craft from your Car, Feb. 3 at 1 p.m.;
• COVID-19 Vaccine Q & A, Feb. 4 at 2 p.m. via Zoom;
• Parking Lot Radio, a two-part Black History Month Special, Feb. 10 at 3 p.m. for Facebook video, Feb. 17 for Parking Lot Radio at 3 p.m.;
• Valentine’s Day Party Drive Thru, Feb. 11 at 1 p.m.;
• Mardi Gras Adult Coloring Sheet Pickup, Feb. 16 at 11 p.m.;
• Dental Seminar with Dr. Rivers, Feb. 12 at 10 a.m. via Zoom; and
• Parking Lot Radio, Coffee and Coloring Social Hour, Feb. 19 at 10 a.m.via Zoom.
Sign up for each event by calling Davie Senior Services at 336-753-6230.
Senior Games and SilverArts events are open to those age 50 and older.
“Senior Games will happen this year in some fashion, and we will know more in the coming weeks,” said Carrie Miller, event coordinator. “Davie County Senior Services staff has been diligently taking workshops to safely make this happen.”
Senior Services will host a Senior Games Fun Day and Open House at the Davie County Community Park on Feb. 25. This will be held in a drive thru fashion, and residents may register for the upcoming 2021 Senior Games. Davie Community Park is co-sponsoring this event. Sign up by calling 336-753-6230.